I’ve been taking care of a ton of business off the internet the last couple of weeks, and one of the consequences of that was forgetting to do a Book Riot round-up here last week. But never fear — it just means a bigger round-up this week:
- YA novels in verse written by black authors.
- Bookish gifts for those who love foxes.
- This year’s bookish Hallmark ornaments.
- A rainbow stack of queer YA.
- 20 great YA reads for older teens who are reluctant readers.
This week brought a new episode of the Hey YA! podcast. Eric and I talked about how we talk about reading YA books, about good and not-so-good “meets” pitches, and we wrap up the show recommending a bunch of horror reads. Listen in!