What a week, y’all. I’ve been fighting off a cold and trying to both nurse that and not fall down into full-on sickness because I’ve got so much I need to get done. But that said, I managed to get quite a bit of writing done and tackle the to-do (including writing and scheduling out a ton of posts here!). Over on Book Riot this week…
- A round-up of middle grade and young adult books by/about/set in the countries impacted by the president’s travel ban.
- 30 pairs of excellent bookish earrings.
- This week’s “3 On A YA Theme” explored YA books with bipolar disorder (which are well-done).
Elsewhere around the web:
- At The Book Smugglers, I wrote about my influences and inspirations behind Here We Are, and there’s a giveaway of a finished copy to US residents. There’s a comment that I absolutely love down there, about how this helped a reader better understand where I’m coming from in the other venues where I write. That was really nice to hear.
- The New York Public Library called Here We Are one of the hottest YA books of 2017 so far.
- Foreward Reviews interviewed me about Here We Are.
- If you’re in the Milwaukee, Madison, Chicago, Tucson, New York City, Providence, Manchester (VT), Rhinebeck, Austin, or San Antonio areas, you should come see me and fellow contributors!