Over on Book Riot this week:
- Recommended recent and upcoming books that feature stories and lives of fat girls. Fiction and non-fiction, prose and comic form. These three books are so different and so wonderful.
- Feel like taking part in a low-pressure Instagram/Bookstagram challenge? I set one up at Book Riot and it’s so nice to have an entire social media feed filled with nothing but happy pictures of books. Join in whenever you want to this month.
More things from around the web, this time having to do with Here We Are: Feminism For The Real World:
- The last two posts at Teen Librarian Toolbox for their Social Justice in YA Lit project went up. You can check out interviews with Sarah McCarry and Daniel José Older. You can catch up on the whole series of interviews here.
- Jim Higgins at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel wrote an excellent review of the anthology (& it was so neat to pick this up in print and hold!).
- Shelf Awareness awarded Here We Are its FIFTH starred review.
- Jen Doll at New York Magazine (!!) called Here We Are one of the 11 great books for “stoking the feminist fire” in young readers. I’m on a list with The Baby-Sitters Club, y’all.
I’m going to make this plea regularly, but if you read and love my book, would you drop a short review on Amazon and/or Barnes & Noble? Algorithms on consumer sites are set up such that more reviews lead to better findability for readers. I’ve set my own goal of copying over reviews to those sites once a month, so I can put my own money where my mouth is.