To steal the language from the BBAW site, here’s what that is:
Book Blogger Appreciation was started by Amy Riley of My Friend Amy in an effort to recognize the hard work and contribution of book bloggers to the promotion and preservation of a literate culture actively engaged in discussing books, authors, and a lifestyle of reading.
The first Book Blogger Appreciation was observed in the fall of 2008 and occurs every September. The week spotlights and celebrates the work of active book bloggers through guest posts, awards, giveaways, and community activities. Book Bloggers are encouraged to register their participation for inclusion in a database of book bloggers. You can read more about it here.
We’re entering the niche category of Best Eclectic Book Blog with these posts:
1. Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook by Martha Hall Foose (Cookbook review!)
2. War Dances by Sherman Alexie (Audiobook, Adult Short Stories review)
3. Pretty Dead by Francesca Lia Block (Young Adult review)
4. More Cover Talk (Young Adult Review)
5. Stitches by David Small (Graphic Novel review & discussion of book categorization)
We’re also entering for the category of Best Written Blog with these posts:
2. Where Have All the Fat Girls Gone? (Discussion of lack of fat girls on YA books about how it’s okay to be fat)
3. Bog Child by Siobhan Dowd (Young Adult Audiobook review)
4. YOU by Charles Benoit (Young Adult review)
5. Stormchasers by Jenna Blum (Adult Fiction review)
So here goes nothing!